The easiest and yummiest way to get your root vegetables?
1. Buy one large sweet potato. They’re only a couple bucks!
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. While the oven is going, wash and scrub the outside of the sweet potato. No need to peel it! The the skin has a ton of fiber and nutrients.
3. Slice pieces about 1/2 centimeter thick. No need to be perfect, but don’t make them too thin or they’ll burn easily.
4. Place them all into a shallow pan.
5. Drizzle Olive Oil on top. Then flip them all over and coat the bottom.
6. I like to add chopped thyme, rosemary, and sage on top. You can always leave them plain–that tastes good
7. Place in oven and let sit for about 35 minutes. After that time, tops should look somewhat dried out.
8. Remove pan and flip each sweet potato. Cook for another 10 minutes.
In 45 minutes…You be the judge. If they can use another 5 minutes to get crisp, then leave them. Otherwise, just turn the oven off and let them sit inside. This gets them really “chippy”.
Enjoy your yummy blood-sugar-regulating snack